As the first official day of summer draws nearer (21st June), Austria’s famous Stiegl brewery has kicked off the summer Radler season in style with the launch of its annual beer cocktail campaign.
Set up in 1492, Stiegl turns 530 years old this June so the brewery is challenging the UK’s best bartenders and mixologists to create their very own Grapefruit Radler cocktail to help with the celebrations. The winning mixologist will win £530 and a beer every day for the year.
With a hard-earned reputation for being the world’s most thirst-quenching, supremely-refreshing, sun-loving sipper, the multi-tasking Stiegl Grapefruit Radler can also be a power ingredient in a whole host of seasonal cocktails of the beer persuasion.
Martyn Railton, MD of Euroboozer, said:
This is the third year of our Stiegl Beer Cocktail campaign and each year we receive more interest and entries. The Grapefruit Radler is a summer stunner in a glass and while it’s lush on its own, it’s incredible how well it works in a wide range of cocktail-type serves. With Stiegl celebrating 530 years this June, we’re excited to make this year’s challenge the biggest yet and ensure the Grapefruit Radler continues to be synonymous with sunshine supping.
I love making cocktails and messing around with ingredients and of course, enjoy drinking Stiegl Grapefruit Radler too. Since we brought the Radlerita onto the menu here at MEATliquor it’s clear how good an addition to many a cocktail Stiegl Grapefruit Radler actually is. So, when the competition launched, we had some great fun with it as a team and had an awesome night out on Euroboozer and Stiegl as a result of our win!
Produced by combining Stiegl’s famous Goldbräu lager with fresh grapefruit juice, this much-revered, naturally cloudy Radler-style beer contains just 2% alcohol by volume but offers an explosion of fruity flavours, fizz and puckery tartness for unbeatable flavour and refreshment. It is available in a 500ml can and 25L Returnable kegs.
Great examples of beer cocktails created in previous years include MEATliquor’s famous Radlerita, drink writer Jonathan Hatchman’s Rad Paloma, beer writer Mark Dredge’s Campari Radler and blogger Happy Skin Kitchen’s Grapefruit Beerlini.
Stiegl Beer Cocktail Competition 2022
- Open to any bartender and mixologist working in the UK
- Visit www.euroboozer.co.uk/radler-comp for further info, full T&Cs and to fill in the basic application form, upload details of the cocktail, the recipe, ingredients, method and an image of the cocktail, prominently featuring a can of Stiegl Grapefruit Radler
- The deadline for entries is the 31st July 2022
- On the 1st August, an initial paper judging will take place to shortlist a minimum 20 creations
- These will then be put forward to a vote on social media with the five most popular progressing to the live final
- This live final will take place at The Boundary, London on the 11th August with industry experts on hand to judge the drinks and then announce the winner
- The winner will receive £530 and a beer everyday for a year (Stiegl GrapefruitRadler is only 2% but you should still drink responsibly: https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/)
Started from the back of an old VW Vento in 2003, Euroboozer was set up by beer loverMartyn Railton, initially importing Austrian brands Stiegl, Schremser and Hirter. The company soon branched out across Europe and the Atlantic helping to drive the craft beer trend in the UK.
Nineteen years on the VW Vento has gone to be replaced with offices and a warehouse in Hertfordshire and Euroboozer now supplies some of the finest food and beverage establishments and retailers in the country.
In addition to the Austrian beers, the company exclusively distributes Andechs, Blakstoc, Harpoon and Other Half, as well as ten exciting Czech craft breweries and a host of leading UK brewers.